Tower was founded in 1979 by (late) Mr. B. B. Sawhney who was the Chairman-cum-Managing Director of United India Insurance Co. Ltd.
1979 – 1998
– Sole Representatives of WILLIS LIMITED in India for 20 years.
– Promoted and developed business of WILLIS in India.
1999 – Present
– Acting as Independent Reinsurance Broker.
– A major player in Aviation Insurance; for a number of years, a member of Consortium of brokers for Air India and Indian Airlines in India and for Druk Corporation in Bhutan.
– Handles Marine and Non Marine Programmes of Indian Insurance Companies alongwith London brokers.
– Introduced to GIC: Fire Fac XOL for IAR & Fire risks and line slip facility for large CAR/EAR covers.
– Designed and introduced Overseas Mediclaim Policy to the Indian Insurance Industry and working jointly with MERCURY INTERNATIONAL ASSISTANCE & CLAIMS LTD, U.K., and provided claims assistance services for over 15 years.
Member of International Brokers Association, Brussels – the only
member from India.
After change of Insurance Regulations in India, TOWER was among the first few to get licence from Insurance Regulatory Development Authority as COMPOSITE BROKER both for reinsurance & direct broking.